Out & About
- I’m pleased to be able to advise you that the Exeter Road allotment site is now the property of the Town Council. The Council has been renting the site from the Syon religious order since 1921. Earlier this year they indicated their desire to dispose of the site and offered the Town Council first refusal. We are indebted to them for their willingness to sell the land to us at a more than fair price.
- Talking of allotments: We still have a few vacant plots at Exeter Road and no waiting list. Anyone interested should make contact either by calling at the town hall or by e mail.
- We have now received planning consent to site a bus shelter at Millstream Meadow, close to the junction with Clifford Street. The contractor, BCS Shelters, plan to install the shelter on 23 January. The work will be completed within a day. The normal warning at this time of year – weather permitting.
- We expect work to commence on the replacement of the play park at The Gardens sometime in February. A precise date is still awaited. Whatever, it means that a brand new play park will be ready for use by early spring.
- Over the last few weeks we’ve installed two new benches at the cemetery, replacing two that had seen better days. We are also installing two new picnic benches at Millstream Meadow. Not much use at this time of year but come the summer we hope they will be well used.
- We are aware that the post and wire fence dividing the allotments from the ashes garden at Tower Hill has collapsed. One of our contractors will be carrying out a temporary repair to keep it upright in the short term. He will then be replacing the fence in February